Today’s North & South 10th Anniversary Celebration launched with a BIG BANG as RA tweeted twice about the anniversary. In the first (see below) he displayed his usual RA humor. But in the second (above) he used the opportunity to reach out to his audience and request our support for one of his chosen charities, YoungMinds:
What exactly is the organization RA is asking you to support? “YoungMinds is the UK’s leading charity committed to improving the emotional wellbeing and mental health of children and young people. Driven by their experiences we campaign, research and influence policy and practice.” A perfectly wonderful charity that certainly deserves our support. If the links in the photo captions don’t work, here they are again:
To donate to YoungMinds, you may go to:
- RA’s Just Giving page here https://www.justgiving.com/Richard-Armitage13, and also send a note of thanks to RA and YM for all they do
- Or you may go directly to Young Minds’ donation page here: http://www.youngminds.org.uk/support_our_work/donate
Of course, the #NS10 celebration of the 10th Anniversary of the premiere of North & South on the BBC continues through December 7 (the series aired Nov. 14-Dec.5.
Let’s see if we can create TREND on Twitter and FB,
by adding #NS10 on ALL your posts about the anniversary.
Here are the basics for joining in this celebration:
1. Watch N&S, beginning this weekend…
2. Take a photo: a selfie, or your TV screen, the DVD cover, even pick a photo of your favorite character (in costume!): be creative (but PG-13!)… Like this:
3. Tell us where you live, the characters you love AND be sure to add #NS10 (so we can track all responses and compile them)…
4. POST IT EVERYWHERE YOU USE SOCIAL MEDIA, and on the event’s FB (http://bit.ly/NS10th) and Twitter (NS10 @NandS10th) pages!
Since the series ran from November 14 through December 5, we’ll be keeping the pages open for photos through December 7 (and perhaps longer)
Discussions are already under way on the FB page (http://bit.ly/NS10th) and on the Twitter page (NS10 @NandS10th), so join in now!
Finally – saving the most fun for last – here is RA’s first tweet, with that RA sense of humor.
I LOVE him in those hats! Every time I watch the show, I think: “THAT man can WEAR a hat!” Examples:
And, again, there’s Ozzy: